In the opinion of my and my girls: who runs the word? GIRLS.
Not having a boyfriend isn’t the end of the world. Of course I say that being single my entire life, yes I actually mean my entire life, but that doesn’t make me any less true. There are so many pluses to having a significant other, but there’s also pluses to being single. Gather up your girls, or your guys, bring everyone together and just have a grand ol’ time. Life isn’t easy, but being happy is simple. There are going to be things in your life that will make you happy and things that will make you sad.
This is a list of 40 things that, to me and my girls, are better than having a boyfriend. Not that we don’t want boyfriends, but because we know how to live without them.
1. Chips and guacamole.
2. Chips and queso.
3. Chips and pico de gallo.
4. Wine nights.
5. Wine Wednesday.
6. Wine of all kinds.
8. Marathons of “Sex and the City.”
9. Marathons of “Law & Order: SVU.”
10. Harry Potter Weekend marathons.
12. A cold beer after a long or hot day.
13. Rereading your favorite book.
14. Girls Night Out.
15. Girls Night In.
17. A good cup of coffee.
18. An even better cup of iced coffee.
19. Thrilling thunderstorms.
20. Pleasant, warm rainy afternoons.
21. Sales on sales.
22. Matching your bra and panties for yourself.
25. Breakfast for dinner, or any meal really.
26. Ryan Gosling motivational memes.
27. Selfies that are worth screenshotting.
28. Having your bed covered in blankets and pillows.
29. Falling asleep outside under the sun.
30. The beach when its empty.
31. The beach when its crowded.
33. Outdoor parties.
34. Having an adventure all alone.
35. People who will be there for you no matter what.
36. Songs, poems, or books that instantly connect to your life easily.
37. Being with a group of people in compete but comfortable silence.
38. Clothes that make you, “look good feel good.”
39. Learning to not care about your relationship status.
40. Being happy with your life, your friends, and where your future is headed because in the end that’s all that matters: you being happy with yourself.
What are some of yours?